Social Media Copywriter
Remuneration: Market-related based on experience
Benefits: Includes medical aid and incentive benefits
Location: Cape Town
Education level: Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or Communications
Job level: Mid
We are looking for a Social Media Copywriter to join our team, working on brands that include local and global wines and spirits, motoring and retail, interior textiles, and other purpose-driven special projects.
Collaborating with art directors and designers on the team, you would be responsible for creating engaging social media content, ensuring it is on brand, serves brand communities and drives engagement. You should share our passion for developing great thinking and bringing it into being through crafted communication.
Versatility and precision in your craft should be a core strength. You should be able to adapt your communication for a wide range of audiences, varying from corporate to informal. You should possess excellent content writing skills and have experience in writing across multiple social networks. Working closely with the Social Media Manager, you will constantly research competitors and industry trends, as well as keep up with new developments on the various social media platforms.
You should be someone who has mastered the ability to write memorable, engaging content, who is passionate about creating and inspiring, and who will add positively to our team’s dynamic energy.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or Communications
- 2-3 years’ experience in Social Media Copywriting, agency experience a plus
- Good understanding of the different social media platforms
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong creative thinking skills and ability to think conceptually
- Comfortable working independently with little direction under tight deadlines
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a diligent eye for detail, language, flow, and grammar
- Proven ability to demonstrate brand voice
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent portfolio of work
Please send your portfolio and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have not heard from us in 10 days, please assume your application unsuccessful.