Remuneration: Market-related based on experience
Benefits: Includes medical aid and incentive benefits
Location: Cape Town
Education level: Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or Communications
Job level: Mid-Senior
We are looking for a Mid/Senior Copywriter with leadership ability to join our young and agile creative team. You will be responsible for conceptually driving and writing messaging for through-the-line campaigns including TV, radio, print, digital and social. More importantly, you should share our passion for developing great thinking and bringing it into being through crafted communication.
You should enjoy capturing a brand’s identity and bringing it to life through your concepts and copy. These brands would include local and global wines and spirits, motoring and retail, interior textiles, food (corporate projects) and other purpose-driven special projects.
You would be responsible for maintaining the voice of these brands and should enjoy collaborating closely with clients and leaders. You are someone who has mastered the ability to write memorable copy and content and is passionate about creativity, inspiring others and contributing great energy to your team.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or Communications
- 3-5 years’ experience in copywriting within an advertising agency or related field
- Experience in writing for TV, radio, print, digital and social
- Strong conceptual and creatively strategic thinking skills
- Good understanding of 360 campaign development
- An agile, innovative, collaborative attitude
- Comfortable working independently under pressure of tight deadlines
- Able to balance many projects at once and easily flex between executing daily work and taking on larger, complex projects
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a diligent eye for detail, language, flow, and grammar
- Strong attention to detail and ability to produce error-free content
- Proven ability to demonstrate brand voice
- Excellent portfolio of work
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Please send your portfolio, CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have not heard from us in 10 days, please assume your application unsuccessful.